Thursday, December 08, 2005

Minxy is as minxy does...

It's been a slow week for me online. My apologies. My apologies also for the use of "snurtched" in my last post. I didn't realise this blog was up for official academic scrutiny and thus ineligible for use of slang or made up terms! ;-)

Anyway, this is just a quick update on the State of Insanity around here now. I just finished my English paper on H.G. Wells (which, thankfully, had nothing to do with sexuality), and I also finished a little "story" thing I started a couple weeks ago and didn't look at again until last night. I just mention this because I'm evil, not because I'm going to share it here. But it's in Latin! Probably very bad Latin, but what can ya do? (Am I going to be lambasted for the use of "ya" too? ;-))

Three more papers remain, and I think I've finally settled on the Matron of Ephesus and Dido for my Petronius paper. It feels a bit like cheating somehow, but then I did use a book I read for my Petronius class in my Aeneid paper. So I guess it all works out. My other two papers are on Apollonius of Rhodes' Medea in comparison to Hellenistic women and interpreting Inanna with archaeoastronomy and Jung.

I'm trying really hard not to think about how many pages I must write in the next two weeks. Vae.

Finally, my earliest grad apps are due December 15. Everything is just about finalized, and I should get those done tonight or tomorrow. It's truly a nerve-wrecking business.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get into some good schools. You seem like a hard worker and very interested in many aspects of the classical world.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Thanks! I think I'm going to need all the luck I can get. ;-)

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home