Friday, December 02, 2005

Peter Weller as... RoboProf?

This one's from the Chronicle of Higher Education (you need a subscription), and I don't have access to it here. But the general-access incipit reads:

Don't Call Him 'RoboProf'

By PAULA WASLEY

The Hollywood actor Peter Weller is drawing rave reviews for his unlikeliest role yet: a college professor and expert in Roman history and art.

Mr. Weller, 58, is best known as the titanium-clad hero of RoboCop I and II. But lately he has been spotted teaching Syracuse University undergrads about the Roman Empire.

An Italophile and collector of ancient Roman coins, he earned a master's in Roman and Renaissance art in 2004 through Syracuse University's program in Florence. As a teaching assistant for Robert A. Hatfield, a Michelangelo scholar, Mr. Weller was a natural in the classroom. "I'm an entertainer by profession," he says. "I said to heck with this, I ain't using notecards." University officials asked him to come to Syracuse to design and teach his own course last spring.


I'm told it's a class on Hollywood and the Roman Empire. Makes sense.

Now, back to my paper. I'm about thisclose to killing technology. Last week, my internet was down for days. Today, my power went out for a few hours, and I was worried it would be out all day. I almost went up to campus to get work done!

1 Comments:

Blogger Glaukôpis said...

LOL You're quite welcome.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home