Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Mmm, dead philosophers.

Tuition for classes: ~$7,800
Coffee to keep you awake for early morning classes: $4

Realizing in the middle of a Philosophy (in translation) class that Aristotle is probably mostly in the indicative mood (and having it confirmed by your prof): Priceless.

Of course, Plato is my man, and I'm told he uses lots of optative. Boo. Guess I'll find out next sem. ::sigh::

Anyway, my friend alerted me to the fact that there IS a PC version of the Socratic screensaver. It can be found here.

Bewarned, however, that it's a rather noisy screensaver. I left my computer on while trying to take a short nap and couldn't for the life of me figure out what that strange clock noise was in my room. Suffice it to say, by the time I realised what it was, I'd given up on my nap. Oh well.

Also, if anyone is thinking of getting Verizon DSL, DON'T. It was out for me last Monday morning to Friday night. Then it was out again when I came home today and didn't come back until about an hour ago. This is doing nothing for my nerves with grad app deadlines looming...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home