Friday, November 18, 2005

Epiphany of the day...

Some people find religion in this awe-inspiring manner; I found Classical studies.

This is one of the few things (possibly the only thing) I've actually known with 100% certainty in my life since it actually clicked in my brain that it was what I wanted to do. I've always had a wide variety of interests, and admittedly, I've had to let go of many of them in this pursuit. But you know what? I don't regret any of it. When I get a chance again in my life, I'll pick them up again.

But Classics? I love it from the bottom of my soul. I've always loved my interests rather passionately, but this surpasses all of that. It's made me do things and achieve things I'd never thought I could. Cheesy though it may sound, vivo per lei (which is actually a wonderful Andrea Bocelli song, but it's about la musica).

Of course, even passionate love of Classics is not a miracle cure, and I'm still procrastinating on things I should be doing. :-P Such is the life of a college student.

Edited to add: Oh yeah, and I've had my 5000th visitor (according to blogpatrol) today!! Exciting. I might've had it a while ago, though, because since I got sitemeter too, I've realised that blogpatrol misses a lot of hits.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I definitely know the feeling... one day you realize that the thought of doing anything else with your life is as wholly absurd as neon-pink grass or yogurt that doesn't need to be refridgerated.

You find yourself cracking jokes about grammar, wondering which model of Land Rover Ceasar would prefer, and ordering odd dishes at restaurants because they remind you of lines in Aristophanes... it is a good life, though. I often wonder how people who aren't passionate about what they do manage to even get up in the morning.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Ah definitely. I keep wanting to make dinner reservations under "Medea" or something too...

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I daily watch my favorite show. I Watch TV Shows Online and here I get another sitcome and their episodes too with HD video quality.

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home