Sunday, November 13, 2005

Father Foster

Well, it's been a while since I've had a chance to listen to Father Foster, but I needed a break from Roman Homosexuality. It's certainly a very informative book, but my brain might need to be washed out when I'm done reading...

Anyway, I especially loved the November 5 interview, where he talks about Vergil. He gets a bit annoyed that Vergil is so popular (and is seen as God!), when "there are 10,000 other authors who are just as good!" He also says he likes Horace better, because he has a sense of humour. Aww. And then he goes on about digits and dactyls and pocket Dante. I forgot how much I love Father Foster! He's one of my favourite living people, right up there along with David McCullough (who is quoted somewhere as wishing he'd learned Latin).

I'll have to remember to listen to the one on Verne before the week ends. It's the one on the bottom, so the link will probably go away after the next program.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing site ! Thanks for your posting.
fostering agencies London

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home