Saturday, November 05, 2005

Some crude Latin...

A couple weeks ago in my myth class, we were reading various stories about Inanna. As Inanna is a sex goddess, we ended up in a rather interesting conversation about what sex goddesses do. My very astute prof points out that we have no word (that she knew of) for what a woman does during intercourse.

Fastforward to this morning when I'm flipping through Roman Homosexualities (by Craig A. Williams) for a book report for my Latin class. I get to chapter five and see a chart for various types of sex and insertive/receptive. Apparently, the Romans had a word for what a woman does during typical intercourse--crisare.

The things you learn in academic books...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just when I'd managed to forget the dirty Greek I picked up a few quarters ago.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

::snicker:: There's more where that one came from. ;-)

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home