Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Arma virumque cano!

Ho hum. My brain is being taken over by DIDO and TURNUS, and I can't seem to focus on a paper topic for my Petronius class. This is not good. The one thing I'm absolutely certain I do NOT want to write about is sexuality. I've written enough about sexuality this semester.

Anyway, this was posted on Stoa a few days ago, but I didn't realise there were actual links to articles on the webpage (I use Firefox) until David Meadows at rogueclassicism pointed it out. Marilyn Skinner has done editorial work on a collection of essays on Feminism and Classics, which are now available online on Diotima. If you're using Firefox, the links don't show up until your cursor is over them. This is why I completely missed it the other day!

And lastly, David Meadows also tells us that today is the day of dear Euripides' death by one reckoning! Eheu!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the business about the invisible links was amusing but maybe they're not so great. Will fix.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Well, it's amusing, but I looked at it too quickly, I guess. ;-)

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm hi im supposed to be doing research on sayings/lines. could you tell me what the line "arma virumque cano" means? thanks

10:41 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

It's the first line of the Aeneid.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home