Sunday, September 11, 2005

Various PSAs

So I'm not really sure if this is a hoax, but it doesn't seem like it would hurt anyone to comment here to help raise funds for Katrina aid.

Also, just a reminder that tomorrow is the last day for students to get 20% off at Borders.

And don't forget, you can use that discount to...

buyafriendabook.com

First week of October!

Debra Hamel is actually running a contest for bloggers who advertise Buy a Friend a Book Week. This is the third time I've mentioned it (and I did so the first two times without prompting!)--can I get three entries? ;-)

Actually, though, I DO already have her book, Trying Neaira (but, see, then I could give a copy to a friend!). One of my profs mentioned it last semester, as I recall. But, alas, I've not had a chance to read it. :-/

But, actually, the main reason I wanted to post today was because of something that's come to my attention recently. This is really just of interest to the D.C. area folk, but the University of Maryland, College Park, is having Latin Day on November 1st. Registration ends October 11th, so you have a month to convince your school to go!

By the way, if any of you have any announcements of Classics-related events like the above, you can e-mail me, and I'll be happy to post them.

Shrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home