Monday, September 05, 2005

Various and sundry

Well, I'm not going to be able to do a Rome update today--hopefully, tomorrow.

However, once again, David Meadows at rogueclassicim has provided a more than thorough review. You can find his initial thoughts here, along with followup I and followup II.

David Meadows also posted about Grabble, which is Greek Scrabble, and reminded us about Latin Scrabble (posted before the initiation of this blog) at Curculio.

I've been determined to do Latin Scrabble at some point, and now I must add Greek Scrabble to the list!

On a more serious note, a list of universities taking in students displaced by Katrina was posted at the Classics-L list earlier today and can be found here.

Anyway, I've been spending the day intermittently reading Latin and trying to get my internet working again. The later has been done (obviously), so I should probably continue with the former. With a little bit of luck (and the completion of my Latin homework tonight), I'll be posting my own review of Rome tomorrow night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to look at about.com's list of universities taking in refugees from Katrina - Stanford and University of California Berkeley (and Davis), for example, listed under the SouthWest. As so often from the NY perspective anything outside NY is not only 'out there' but also 'down there'. Ah well....

[UCBerkeley was welcoming 50 students within a week of Katrina, incidentally.]

6:36 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Hah! I confess I didn't take an especially good look at that list.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home