Thursday, August 18, 2005

Film-type updates...

I've been hearing a lot about HBO's Rome lately. Although, I don't think there's anything I can specifically link to that's more than just a line or two here and there (besides the article I linked a few days ago). Anyway, my hopes for this one have been fairly high. It's HBO, and even one of my profs expressed high hopes for it. However, I'm starting to worry a bit. My one consolation is that it cannot possibly be as bad as The Empire. It just cannot. I think anti-research was employed in ABC's show.

On a slightly different but not unrelated note, SciFi updates us on the new Beowulf movie. Yes, I realise this isn't exactly Classical, but history is fluid anyway and can't be limited to such confines (read: it's my blog, and I enjoy medieval stuff! I know some of you do too). Anyway, Angelina Jolie apparently is joining the cast (Anthony Hopkins is in it too!) as the Queen of Darkness. Um, what? I actually like Angelina Jolie, but the Queen of Darkness? Are these people like... related to the makers of The Empire? Or maybe they're really the makers of The Empire in disguise?? Or perhaps aliens abducted them both and screwed with their brainwaves...

Yeah, I'm sorry. The Empire will probably never cease being the butt of my bad jokes. I suffered through hours of that thing and nearly had to claw my eyes out, y'know. ;-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read Neil Gaiman's comments on Beowulf here:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/officialgaiman/219102.html

It seems that some of the articles contain mistakes, including the Queen of the Night thing.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack, didn't seem to work. Let's see if I can post it as a link?

Neil Gaiman entry

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blast. One more try?

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home