Monday, August 01, 2005

...and in it are pitfalls for the unwary and dungeons for the overbold.

First of all, I'd like to extend my SINCEREST thanks to David Meadows for "warming the cockles of my liver" with this announcement about The Empire. If it weren't illegal, I'd tell you all how to scratch your eyes out with it without throwing money at them. ;-)

Anyway, it's been a trying week for Glaukopis, and I've just learned that I shall be plugging away at more Latin vocabulary while intensely studying Classical Greek history in the next three weeks. I'm torn between being relieved that someone finally believes me when I say that my Latin vocab is weak and being annoyed that I've shown weakness on an examination. There are days when I wonder why I do this to myself. But then I remember that I've started a blog where my ENTIRE identification is being a Classics major--and that isn't so far off from the truth. There will always be pitfalls along the way, and that is my soap-box schpiel to any aspiring Classics majors out there.

To soothe myself, I went out with a friend and bought even MORE used books. I've just got to love a small bookstore owner (or at least, I think he was the owner) who will have a nice conversation with me about the definition of "classic."

4 Comments:

Blogger Brontëana said...

'soothe'. Ahem. Sorry, but you know how it is, being an English major. There once was a time when I didn't nit pick but I can't remember it. :(

11:31 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

:-P Remind me to pick at all your typos.

How come nobody told me that I had "The Stoa" linked TWICE for a couple days, hrm? :-P

2:53 PM  
Blogger Brontëana said...

I'm sure there are some nice ones- in fact, I know there are a few. I'm too lazy to fix them. Considering that mine is an English lit. blog I'm really running a risk like that. It's only a matter of time...

Whoa- I missed one!

1:47 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Haha, if only I had time and my eyes weren't hurting. :-P

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home