Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Was there really a Tyrannus?

I was checking my blog stats this morning before going to work, and I noticed one of the search terms that led someone to this blog was the question, "Was there really a Tyrannus?"

Well, on the chance that this visitor returns (and didn't glean this from other posts), I'm going to put this right here in its own distinct entry:

NO. There is NO historical basis for Tyrannus. He is a FRAUD, a cheap knock-off of Gladiator (which was also not historically accurate, although it was actually a good film). Do NOT be swayed by ANYTHING you may have "learned" from The Empire, and, in fact, if you'd like to learn about the real "Octavius" (better known as Augustus), go take a nice Roman history course. Or read one of many biographies on him that are out there. Or read Shakespeare's plays Julius Caesar and Antony & Cleopatra (which aren't 100% historically accurate, but they're entertaining, good dramatic literature, and better than The Empire).

And Camane wasn't real either.

That is all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brontëana said...

Aw, this post made me think of Santa Claus...

No, little Timmy, there really never was a Tyrannus.

Little Timmy: *cries*

You are hard-hearted, glaukopis.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

::smirk:: That I am.

But I don't think I was *really* that bad... I mean, I offered better alternatives!!

12:00 AM  
Blogger cabaro said...

http://www.snidelyworld.com/Humor/Photos/SantaGrave.jpg

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home