Thursday, July 21, 2005

Dammit! I'm only human!

Wow. Latin Exam of DOOM is over. My brain needs a break. Of course, then I went to a review session of Greek later in the afternoon. After two semesters of having Latin and Greek always juxtaposed, you'd think I'd be used to this by now. My brain says otherwise.

Of course, to prove that The Lion King lives in any context, after we settled on τιμων (imagine the circumflex is actually there) as the present active participle for τιμαω, I just clearly had to shout, "And Pumba!" I really can't tell you why The Lion King references abound in my brain this week, especially considering I've not watched it in quite a while!

Anyway, there are apparently new audio files for Wheelock, if anyone's interested.

There is also an interesting article on new catacomb finds that help to further link Judaism and Christianity.

Also, I used this Borders coupon yesterday to buy the version of Jason and the Argonauts with Jolene Blalock as Medea. I'll probably be watching it tonight, so expect a review either tonight or tomorrow!

Edit: Ok, Jeopardy just had a category on "Greek Gods and Goddesses" (and while I'm normally a Hellenophile, I kept thinking of Roman names for some reason. I blame Latin!), and their Daily Double was something ridiculously easy about Hephaistos. I mean, if it's a Daily Double, shouldn't it be something a little harder? Perhaps a more minor god? I should think people would know Hephaistos at least as well as Hermes or Poseidon...

1 Comments:

Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Oops. I walked away after the Greek Gods and Goddesses category was wiped so I could watch Jason and the Argonauts. Missed that one!

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home