Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Ancient beer

The world of Glaukopis is rather slow at the moment. Although, I did learn of Blogger being used as a teaching aid. Actually, on the Classics-L list, they've been having an interesting discussion about podcasts for instructional use, but one of my professors is actually using Blogger for Latin. Sorry, I'm not linking, because that would just be too obvious. ;-)

Anyway, the link I did want to share is one my friend Brontëana showed me: Ancient Beer.

There is also a link on that page to a book about Roman Wine.

I don't really know that much about beer or wine, but I've heard some great things about some of the ancient Egyptian recipes. So if you're bored this summer...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

did you know that the last word in Lewis & Short is zythum, which is a kind of Egyptian beer? Now you know!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Haha, I did not know that. Thank you. ;-)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home