Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Empire reminder...

It's on tonight at 10PM. You've all been warned about this. Apparently, my TV guide thinks it's part 4 of 5. I wonder if, when they said there were six parts to this miniseries, they meant that the first episode counted as two parts. I hope there's only one more after this week! I'm ready to claw my eyes out now!

Anyway, I think it will be hard for this show to get any worse than last week, but I think it will be very hard for them to SURPRISE me this time. I'm pretty much prepared for anything.

My TV guide also assures me that this thing won't get so wanky as to turn into "how Antony and/or Tyrannus took over the Roman Empire." It says Camane saves Octavius' life twice. Hrm.

Also, I don't know what time I'm getting home tonight. I'll probably be home in time for The Empire, but if I'm not, I'll make sure it gets taped. It'll just mean my review comes a bit later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Oden said...

Oh, I'm waiting anxiously ;) Each week I ask myself "I wonder how they're going to screw the pooch tonight?". Thank goodness they've not let me down yet! I applaud their consistency ;)

On an unrelated note, might I ask you a question about a word in ancient Greek? I'm going to assume you just said "yes" ;) I don't speak or read Greek, but I'm looking for a term that means 'debt', and not strictly in the financial sense. Are you aware of such a word? Thanks!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

re: Scott Oden

You can always ask me questions! Of course, that doesn't always mean I'll have an answer. My Greek is very basic, though, and I'm afraid I don't have an answer off the top of my head. I'll look into it and get back to you, though!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home