Monday, July 25, 2005

More GRE stuff...

My apologies, dear readers, for the lack of updates recently. The last couple days were spent attempting to study for the GRE and ultimately failing due to lack of concentration. My brain occassionally picks the worst times to revolt.

Anyway, today was the GRE, and I can only say that no matter how good you once may have been, attempting to avoid math for four years will impact your GRE math score. That was the lesson learned today.

I may consider retaking it, but it's probably not worth it for the math portion. It's mostly my ego that's been bruised.

The Classics-L list has been fairly busy lately, and a couple interesting articles have popped up:

Bulgaria unearths Thracian riches
Ancient phallus unearthed in cave
Gibson Plans Another Historical Epic (Apocalypto--including obscure Mayan dialect, hrm)

It's been an exhausting day for various reasons, so I'm afraid I've not much to say about these articles.

Oh, and don't forget the final installment of The Empire tomorrow night at 10PM on ABC. I'm working tomorrow night, so the update might not be as quick as it usually is.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a terdbomb, but you might know. One of my customers the other night is like, "oh you're into history blah blah... Did you hear they found some more Dead Sea Scrolls?" Like, I'm not sure if they guy was confused and they just found Some Scrolls, possibly somewhere related to the region of the ancient near east, or they were actually bugging around in the Dead Sea caves. What do you know, Ms. I Keep Up On Listserves of This Nature?

-A

12:44 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Re: A

Perhaps it was this? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/israel_scroll_found

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The next time I am at the Book Barn, I will see if they have a copy of this book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0441358071/qid=1122380140/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-4585705-0233432?v=glance&s=books

If they do, I will get it for you, for I think you would enjoy it a lot more than Empire. Really.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Re: Anon

I'm sure anything would be better than The Empire... ;-)

And thanks! But you don't have to get me anything!!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home