Thursday, July 28, 2005

A couple articles...

The Classics-L list had some other interesting articles today:

Medieval manuscripts to hit Internet -- Apparently, Stanford University Libraries, the University of Cambridge and Corpus Christi College, Cambridge, are going to make a bunch of medieval manuscripts accessible on the Internet. That's not really Classics-related, but I for one am very excited! It sounds a little like it'll be like Perseus but with actual text images. I think it's high time the medievalists caught up with the Classicists! ;-)

There was also this entry on languagehat that just cracks me up. Click and read! It's great fun.

Lastly David Meadows at rogueclassicism posted this article on HBO's Rome. I think it looks a LOT more promising than The Empire. Unfortunately, I don't have cable. You all will be the first to know if I somehow manage to get my hands on this, though.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Medieval manuscripts online! ::falls into spasms of archival love::

Thanks for sharing!
~k

12:23 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Yes! Isn't that most excellent??

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home