Tuesday, June 06, 2006

World's Oldest Astronomy Computer

I just gacked this one from a friend. I'm so excited that I'm trying not to jump up and down squealing!

Researchers find hidden Greek text on 'world's oldest astronomy computer'

I think if I get a little time later today or tomorrow I might continue with yesterday's post and discuss a little about same-sex relationships in antiquity. It quite accidentally became an interest of mine, oh, a couple years ago, and I started following up on more of it a little over a year ago. At any rate, I've got a pretty good reading list on it, at least, as well as a paper or two.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, ooh! (Squeals) And they intend to announce some details within a year, too! Much better than the situation with the new Marsalla shipwrecks...

I found your site through RogueClassicism and check it a few times a week. I enjoyed your reviews of "Rome" episodes, since I was one of the few students at my university's Greek and Roman Studies who were able to see it within a few weeks of episodes being aired.

I thought I'd comment after your recent request that readers do so.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Yes! I want to know more about it . . . NOW! (I'm extremely impatient. :-P)

And thanks for the comment! I really do appreciate hearing back from people!

HBO's Rome is another thing about which I am insufferably impatient! The waiting absolutely kills me. ::sigh::

1:02 AM  
Anonymous how to download youtube videos said...

I cannot open the link, it says the page doesn't exist, but I'm going to make a research myself, anyways - you got me really curious with the title of the article alone!

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home