Sunday, June 04, 2006

On the Derveni papyrus and historical blogging

This is actually a few days old, but I kept forgetting to post about it. By now, I expect most of you have heard about the Derveni papyrus, but there's a link in case you haven't.

This next one is a bit sillier, but a friend just showed me that Vergil has a myspace account! The dead have really made a come back lately with the invention of the blogosphere . . .

I find this an intriguing concept, though. I once tried something similar with people from the 18th century as an historical RPG. But I suppose since there was so much more information on the daily life of people in the 18th century, it was much harder to embellish without feeling untrue to historical sources out there that I hadn't yet been able to peruse.

Perhaps it is easier with Vergil and Chaucer (who also hath a blog).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home