Saturday, December 17, 2005

She lives!

Well, now that I've one more major paper done (that makes the count 4 down, 1 to go, and 1 exam down, 3 to go--I think I miscounted in my last post on this), I am free for a moment to update!

Firstly, CTY's Summer Programs for kids is making me feel inferior again. I don't remember if they were offering Latin and Greek when I went to CTY, but there are days when I feel like I wasted my time there doing math. I haven't touched a math course since I got into college, because I APed out. After four and a half years, I'm so rusty that I think I've forgotten more formulae than I ever learned!

But anyway, I'm sad that they don't use Ecce. At that age, I definitely would have wanted the colourful pictures!

Also, David Meadows beat me to the Christmas songs, so I'm just posting a link to his post!

But of course, don't forget that Dido's Roasting on an Open Pyre.

Finally, I don't know if any of you have been keeping up with non-Classical archaeology, but there have been a couple articles on a newly discovered Mayan mural. There is also a video available online here. I haven't had a chance to look at it myself, though.

I think that covers everything I was bursting to talk about.

Oh, and I have another Horrible Classics Knock-Knock Joke for you all:

-Knock knock!
-Who's there?
-Achilles!
-Achilles who?
-Achilles Trojan SCUM!

Yeah, the papers and exams are getting to my brain...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home