Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sappho!

Ahhh! I have the coolest Greek professor EVER! Unlike some people (you know who you are! ;-)), she loves Sappho! And she let us read the new Sappho poem in Greek today! That is definitely one of the coolest things I've done in a language class!

In other news, today was the last day of classes! This makes me sad. I shall miss my classes this semester, particularly Homo Edax's tangents on food. ;-)

Of course, I still have loads of work left to do before the semester is really over. :-P

Also, David Meadows says that the Domus Aurea is closed! This is most vexing! First the Forum, now the Domus Aurea. Vexing, vexing...

1 Comments:

Blogger Glaukôpis said...

::laughs:: Well, in a way, the one career you can make out of it is academia. However, there are a myriad of other uses, such as improving your understanding and use of the English language. It's also apparently great to know if you're dealing in used books, and the analytical skills you learn in both learning the language and learning about the literature are priceless (MUCH better than being an English major).

Plus it's just useful to the greater world order to understand where so much of our own culture has come from.

And now I'm rambling! But I'm glad you stumbled upon Sappho. She lived in the archaic Greek period and was so revered as a poet even in later times, that she was called the 10th muse. So you have good taste. ;-)

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home