Sunday, January 14, 2007

NASA and Rome

Borrowing a bit from RogueClassicism today on NASA names. As usual, the names are chock full o' Classical content. A curious point, though, that they should think NASA HQ was full of Stargate SG-1 fans because of the suggested "Artemis." Firstly, even if I could remember a Goa'uld named Artemis (which I can't, but then I haven't really seen the later seasons), I don't think my first thought would be SG-1. I also recently watched the Superman movie and didn't think about that either. I think in this case it's just a case of liking the ol' gods. If you wanted an SG-1 or Superman tribute, I'm sure there would be far more obvious names!

In other news, a spoiler alerted review of HBO's Rome season 2. Doesn't seem very favourable, but methinks I'd have to see it for myself anyway. Plus I'm not sure some of the complaints would bother me as much as it did this author anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home