Sunday, December 10, 2006

Atia vs Servilia

I thought this site was just too funny. How could you not love the both of them? Although, I must confess that I personally voted for Servilia.

Also, it looks like the official site for HBO's Rome is prepping for the new season starting Jan 14. How quickly time flies! I remember thinking I could never wait until Jan 2007. Apparently, I can.

Lastly, and not really Classicsly (yes, I realize I'm making up words), The Lord of the Rings, the musical, is opening in May/June. I had forgotten about this. I kept thinking it was a long way off. Apparently not. Am I disturbed? You betcha. Beyond disturbed. So disturbed that I might just have to see it.

I knew the musicalization of anything and everything in novel form would get out of hand someday. Hm, maybe they'll musicalize Apuleius' Golden Ass someday. (Please note, for anyone thinking this is even remotely a possibility, that I am being sarcastic. Nobody wants to see a musical of The Golden Ass. Nobody.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gods you can enter to win "Team Atia" or "Team Servila" tops!!!

A must have for all would be classicists!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

::grin:: My thoughts exactly. Although, honestly, I wish I could buy them too!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Choppa said...

I think the Golden Ass as a musical animated film would probably be a blockbuster! Especially Cupid and Psyche in the middle of it.

And a dvd would let you have the text in Latin, too...

2:39 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

::giggles:: That'd be gold (no pun intended)!

Got animator friends? ;-)

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home