Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Lots of links!

Firstly, remember the world's oldest computer? Well, more study has been done on it, and it seems quite exciting!

-BBC: Ancient Moon 'computer' revisited (includes lovely pictures!)
-NYT: An Ancient Computer Surprises Scientists (includes a picture also, but more in the BBC)

There's also a BBC article on "Man held for 'pharaoh relic' sale. They believe it's possible he really has the hair of a pharaoh.

Lastly, there's a (relatively) new-ish blog, the Persepolis Fortification Archive Project. I'm going to have to update my links soon (I keep saying this!) and hopefully remember to include this and a few others.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Nature article is available for reading by subscribers online, for those of us who don't have time to get to a library (or can't wait!) but do have a university library card. Those pictures look just like I remember them from Dr. Edmunds' seminar at the University of Victoria a few months ago (happy grin). Now for reading and seeing the parts he wasn't allowed or able to tell us about in a one-hour lecture.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Yeah, I just came across it this morning. I'll have to post it tonight, though, since I'm on my way out.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home