Sunday, November 12, 2006

Mid-semester blues

Either it's been a slow news day, or I'm just not paying proper attention. Probably both. Or I'm forgetting something--which is also likely.

But in my efforts to keep up with NaBloPoMo, I shall write a bit about what I've been up to.

Honestly, it's mid-semester blues time--the time when homesickness strikes hardest and you wonder what, exactly, you're doing here. I have to keep reminding myself why I'm in grad school right now, rather than taking a year off. I'm also, of course, tired of my paper topic and spending almost more time thinking about future paper topics. Typical.

And, of course, while I don't miss my six or seven classes in a semester during undergrad, I do miss many of the people--both friends and professors. And, obviously, I miss my family and my birds.

There's really nothing for it but to slug on. And I'll be home for Christmas, though not the Saturnalia.

How are the rest of you holding up? I don't "hear" enough from my dear readers!

Oh! I can make this post a bit more useful. Borders coupons!

-20% off any book, CD, or DVD at Borders UK valid through the 30th (they've also been giving me free chocolate!)
-20% off at Borders US but only valid through tomorrow, the 13th

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in blues too and bored, my approved phd application has been lingering somewhere administrative for almost a month now. I'm so energetic, and I can't move on, so you know I've dreamed up a couple of different brilliant thesis topics already. Of course, each of these would change the world as we know it (that's a given), so I'm having difficulty choosing ;)

You're right, the only way is to slug on, good luck! :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Hah! If you're that bored, you can start working on the new topics. :-D

You know, it always seems like it'll change the world at the beginning. By the end (or the middle), I (at any rate) feel like nobody cares--and I most certainly don't care anymore!

Ok, not always, but y'know. ;-)

11:49 AM  
Blogger catsagainstbush said...

I'm looking to get back into Classics by the time I turn 27. Glad you're hanging in there!

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home