Thursday, November 09, 2006

HBO's Rome

For a nice preview of next season (thanks much to a friend for showing this to me), click here.

There are also a couple blogs about the show's status up on the official site.

Anyway, I was rewatching an episode today while doing some other things, and while I was re-impressed by how much detail had been accurate, they actually goofed up on something a lot more noticeable! They were using a couple bird species (macaws and cockatiels--a cockatoo too, but I think it was an umbrella cockatoo, which was a little more likely) from the New World and from Australia. Maybe there is something I'm missing, but I don't think the trade routes extended that far! But then, I don't know a lot about bird species and trading of them at that time. Anyone have any ideas? Specifically, I saw a blue and gold macaw and some cockatiels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home