1. One book that changed your life:
Oh my. Ok, it's a toss up between Jane Eyre, Medea, and Antigone. Jane Eyre in less tangible ways; Medea is pretty obvious to anyone who knows me, and Antigone . . . Well, I read it first when I was about 10, and look at me now. :-P
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
Hah! Only one?! Well, Jane Eyre, again, gets read regularly, as does The Lord of the Rings.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
Hmm, I've always said The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, but how about my MacBook with working internet access and some kind of power source? Then I can have access to Gutenberg.org and Perseus and every other e-text!
4. One book that made you laugh:
Oh, many books make me laugh! But I'm going to go with Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss. I think I was laughing every five seconds!
5. One book that made you cry:
I'm going to have to mention Jane Eyre here again but also add Book 4 of the Aeneid.
6. One book that you wish had been written.
The Autobiography of Sappho by Sappho herself, not some later fictional account!
7. One book that you wish had never been written.
The Phantom of Manhattan. Don't ask. Yes, I wasted a couple hours of my life on it. There's also a book that Bronteana once found called Disciplining Jane, methinks, and the Amazon description alone made me certain it never should have been written.
(Not sure why I'm linking this one. And I refuse to link the other one.)
8. One book you’re currently reading:
Oh, I just posted about these in Glauk recs, but Euripides' Alcestis is one.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
The LIST is TOO LONG.
10. Now tag five people: Bronteana, Aine Bina, Debra Hamel, Homo Edax, Jeffrey Cohen, and since I can't count--if she reads this at all--Mary Beard