Monday, August 07, 2006

Books, etc.

There were a couple things I'd intended to post, but I've been busy the last couple days. Hopefully, I'll remember what they are soon!

The Helmet of Horror review is still forthcoming. I'd rather review it when I actually have a moment to think. However, Jasper Fforde's new book, The Fourth Bear is out, and so far, Prometheus and Pandora (not sure yet if she is intended to be "the" Pandora) planning a wedding with the gods. It's probably better to start with The Big Over Easy if you want to get into the Jack Spratt series, though.

Anyway, I just wanted to make a PSA for those of you in the D.C. area (that includes Maryland and, I believe, Virginia), Borders is doing a Book Drive for the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Washington. This is for kids up through high school, so you can come in and pick a book and donate it at the registers. Borders is also donating 5% of what you pay on top of that. There is a recommended list, but they will take any age appropriate book. It's a wonderful opportunity to buy some Classics stuff for kids to read. If you don't have a lot of money to spend, you can easily find some good Classics for $3-$4 if you look around the store in-section.

Lastly, I leave you with a knock-knock joke from the ever-loverly Aine Bina.

-Knock, knock
-Who's there?
-Medea
-Medea children are not as important as busting Jason's balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home