Friday, June 30, 2006

Collision

I love it when my ancient history interests and my astronomy interests collide. Um, no pun intended. But check this out: King Tut's necklace shaped by fireball.

And while we're colliding the old and the new, the new X-Men movie (X3) also collided ancient lit and sci-fi with a nice Medea reference. I shan't spoil it, but I think it's a good one. I could almost write an essay on it. But I don't really want to spoil anything if people haven't seen the movie yet.

And I know all of my friends are sick of hearing me say this, but that movie has a lot more character depth than many people are giving it credit for. And the particular Medea reference of which I speak does a lot to help explore the particular characters to which it refers.

Ok, it really is difficult to talk about things without spoiling. Hm. This is probably why I shouldn't make references to modern entertainment here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home