Tuesday, August 15, 2006

On bats and I, Claudius

I thought this article was rather cute: Rare bats take to new villa roost. Got it from the Classics-L list.

Also, Mary Beard has some interesting thoughts on I, Claudius and how we should consider the miniseries as a separate entity from Robert Graves' books.

I'm rather regretting now that we didn't try to organize a viewing of I, Claudius in my Classics dept again this year. We did last year, but we didn't get a very good turn-out. I was trying to think of other movies, but I was trying to think of something Greek. Unfortunately, a lot of the Greek movies just aren't as good (as movies) as the Roman stuff. I guess we could have reached more students in the intro level classes if we'd shown Troy, but that would have hurt my soul too much. And nobody else I was talking to seemed very keen on selling out to that either (thank goodness!).

2 Comments:

Blogger dhamel said...

Shouldn't that be "On bats and Me, Claudius"? (Just kidding....)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

::grin:: M'dear, you are, as always, the soul of wit. Thanks! :-D

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home