Thursday, August 24, 2006

Books! And bad humour!

Well, in case you wanted to make a few last minute purchases of books to read before the summer ends, Borders apparently has coupons out for the weekend.

For those of you in the U.S. - 10% off your entire purchase, plus Borders will donate 10% of your purchase to First Book, "a national nonprofit organization working with local groups to provide new books for children in need."

For those of you in the U.K. - £5 off when you spend £20 or more (yes, I'm dork enough to be on the UK Borders mailing list too. :-P)

And if you don't feel like leaving your home, there's always good ol' Amazon.com and its usual discount prices.

And a bit of honesty about the links if you choose to buy from any of them:

-U.S. Borders coupon gives money to kids as well as Borders
-U.K. Borders coupon gives money only to Borders
-Amazon.com link gives money to me and to Amazon

And on a personal note: I'm so excited! I just figured out (with some help from a friend) how to switch my MacBook from U.S. keyboard settings to U.K and Greek also! Yay! That's just hot.

And lastly, I was having a little (REALLY BAD) archaeological humour the other day and created this for your viewing pleasure:



Please don't shoot me or send me hate mail for my horrible sense of humour. heh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you say horrible (sense of humor), do you mean corny or perverse? It doesn't really strike me as either... though closer to bordering on corny.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

I mean horrible. That's why I said horrible.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home