Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Roman tombstones, History Carnival, and grad schools

Well, David Meadows, happily, is back with us! He's also posted this article about a Roman tombstone found in Britain.

Also, many thanks to Natalie Bennett of Philobiblon for the mention in the History Carnival No XXIV.

In case anyone's keeping track of my grad school status (I guess that was the original purpose of this blog), I've received one acceptance and one rejection so far. Both of them were mostly expected, and the rejection was actually a lot nicer and more encouraging than I was hoping for. But I know I started my languages late, so it is to be expected.

Moral of the story? If you think you might possibly want to study Classics in grad school, start your languages ASAP! ;-) Don't let it hit you unexpectedly in your junior year!

Of course, I'm still waiting on a few more schools. So we'll see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the acceptance!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home