Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Boogers and Blogs

In case you ever wanted to know what Important Latinists do with their spare time, there is currently a thread about nose-picking in Latin on the Latinteach list. ;-)

In all seriousness, it's really a wonderful list, and I don't mean to insult anyone involved. I found the topic highly amusing, if a bit disgusting while eating my dinner. But then, it was very clearly labelled "Mucosne habes?", so it's my own fault for clicking while eating.

In other not-quite-Classical news, I just discovered a blog for Medievalist English professor Jeffrey Cohen. This isn't exactly Classics, no, but I know a lot of you are also interested in medieval studies too. I am, at any rate. Plus, if you look at his CV, he got his BA in Classics also. This makes me happy that there are still English profs out there who have a solid background in Classics.

And hey, my first plan, before I was totally sucked in to and consumed by Classics, was to get my PhD in English. I supposedly started Classics in order to understand better English lit. Uh huh. Classics is dangerous.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey Cohen said...

Thanks for noticing -- the blog is only a week old. And you're right: classics can lead down some unexpected roads.

The good thing about beinga medievalist is that you can be employed by an English department and still work extensively in Latin -- and no one raises an eyebrow.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Yes! Medieval studies is my back-up plan after Classics, and if they'd let me do both, I would.

Plus every medievalist I've known is just as much fun (i.e. just as geeky) as a classicist. ;-)

9:51 AM  
Anonymous loans for people with bad credit said...

These loans can loans for bad credit also be people who are much more privacy. It is really painful to others that you are struggling with to see your payments, it has a cash advance, there is no need to bad credit loans worry about. If yes Loans Perth, we all want to protect your privacy, we do to ensure that nobody needs to know that you're in an attempt to get ahead of a loan.

2:12 AM  
Anonymous shainw79 said...

Regarding anchored loan, lenders offer compared to short-term loans cheap interest rates. Credit card loans as an alternative it needs not only to be any collateral. For this reason cause short-term loans are usually difficult because the lender to go into danger. Even so, but if your credit card is authorized loan, you have to shell out much more important.

http://6monthtextloansnoguarantor.co.uk
http://uk6monthloans.co.uk/
http://www.elongtermpaydayloansuk.co.uk/payday-loans-today-no-credit-check.html

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home