Thursday, January 26, 2006

New Blog alert and some class rambling

Hm, I just noticed a new student Classics blog, NVGAE CICERONIANAE. Looks to be interesting!

I'm sure there was something else I wanted to share, but my lack of sleep last night has made all coherent thought fly out the window.

If anyone's interested, my new classes started yesterday. I'm taking Tacitus, Horace & Catullus, Greek, Greek philosophy, Roman Near East and Tolkien. And I'm auditing a diversity in the ancient world course, just because. It's my last semester here... I don't want to miss anything! (The sad thing is I know I'm still missing a lot, but there's only so much a girl can do.)

This being the last semester of my fifth and final year as an undergrad, I've somehow managed to enter the semester already knowing all of my profs to one degree or another. While that's nice, because I like all of them a lot, it's a little disconcerting not to have any completely new profs at all!

Ah well. Theoretically, I shall know in a couple months whether I'm going to be far from here or right back with the same people I already know and love (and who are probably sick of me). The waiting is truly the hardest part. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. The realization that there really isn't anything left you can do to make yourself look a little better to the grad schools (and the regrets for all the things you didn't do when you were a foolish freshman) is almost maddening.

Ok, getting off the soapbox now. It wouldn't do to get behind in classes on the second day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home