Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ah! There is much of interest today...

Firstly, from the Classics-L list, Roman-Era Benefactors' Tomb Unearthed.

Secondly, from blogographos, Paul Levinson's science fiction book The Plot to Save Socrates, which just looks really interesting. I'll have to get that ASAP. Not that I'll have time to read it. Oh well.

Thirdly, for those of you in the D.C. area, there are a couple interesting performances coming up! First is CUA's performance of the opera "The Furies" Feb 9-12. It's new; it's one act, and it's apparently part of a trilogy. I certainly wish I'd heard about the others earlier! Ah well.

We also have The Persians at the Shakespeare Theatre, coming up April 4 - May 21.

Thanks much to my Greek prof for reminding me about that, but she's probably not reading this.

Lastly, much thanks to The Elfin Ethicist for the mention in the History Carnival XXIV. Such mentions always make me feel more important than I actually am. :-D

And as a side note, just because I think it's funny, I'm sure that David Meadows really did cause damage to the fabric of time by mentioning the History Carnival XXIV on his ClassiCarnival post today. It's too bad I don't hold blog-carnivals, or I'd jump at the chance to twist it further. :-D Actually, you all are probably thankful I can't do that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home