Friday, January 06, 2006

Video Rideo, among other things...

Well, if anyone's been wondering where I've been, let's just say I was stupid enough to take another three week winterterm class. I'm swamped. And it's not exactly a Classics course, which is a bit disconcerting to the girl whose brain seems to live in the ancient world.

But of course, her brain never stops working on Classics related things, so she immediately zoned in on the Latin on an engraving of the Gunpowder Plot. It said "VIDEO RIDEO," which seems a bit odd on a picture of the Gunpowder Plot being discovered. I suppose it makes sense if you think about it, but it's still odd.

Anyway, I tried hard to find a picture for you, dear readers, and all I could find was this, which is also pretty amusing, if you think about it. It's not the complete picture, but at least you can see the Latin? Ok, so the picture itself would've been far more interesting. I tried!

And now for a couple more related links.

From the Classics-L list: Did Jesus exist? Italian court to decide. I'm not sure what to make of that one. On the one hand, it's certainly an amusing thought. On the other hand, I can only imagine the trouble this could cause.

Also, David Meadows posted about William Hutton Walking Hadrian's Wall on Archaeoastronomy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well.. what subject matter is this non-classical course you decided to grace with your presence?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Ah, sorry, I guess I forgot to *actually* mention that. It's a history course, Stuart England.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous price per head said...

Wonderful post. If only I'd of come across something as wise and straightforward when I was starting out! See you at the reading!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home