Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Just a few thoughts...

I almost recorded my own singing of Dido's Roasting on an Open Pyre, because Athena knows I've been singing it too much. However, she's also hidden my microphone, so you've all, thankfully, been spared by her gracious divinity. Actually, I'm betting she had Hermes' help.

After working a little more on grad applications (which are so close to being finished!), I decided to read Lynne Truss' Talk to the Hand, which deals with the rudeness of the world today. While it's not really Classics related (although she does cite Aristotle and Erasmus), it's a fun read so far, and I'd definitely recommend it. Also, for the grammar sticklers out there--and I've been in the world of Classics long enough to know that's most of you--I'd definitely recommend her Eats, Shoots & Leaves. It is downright hilarious and a really fun read.

I'm debating on the next book I'm going to tackle. On the one hand, I have a stack of Classics-related books I've been meaning to read. On the other hand, that's all I've been reading the entire semester and then some. Hrm...

1 Comments:

Blogger Brontëana said...

Would that be Athena Paper-towel? (or was it toilet-paper)?

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home