Thursday, April 06, 2006

On Judas and Latin musicals

Ok, in case anyone's actually missed it, here is the link to National Geographic's Lost Gospel of Judas page. It's an excellent site and includes images of the actual document, a transcription, and an English translation. Would that such things were available for other texts!

In much more AMUSING news, there is apparently a Wheelock's Latin Musical of sorts. Really, it's just a bunch of songs about Latin grammar, from what I can tell. That is actually good and probably very useful, but I was hoping for a real story-arched musical. Personally, I think Ecce Romani would make a hilarious musical. We could even do it in Latin!

... hmm. Probably too scary an idea.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Weimer said...

ECCE ROMANI! Oh, I can already see the best scenes - the "embrace" of Flavia and Cornelia, the "death" of Sextus, the clobbering of Eucleides, the rape, er, I mean marriage of Cornelia to Valerius.

It definitely has potential to be in the top 5 all time classics musical comedies, but can it top A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum? I think not.

"Everybody ought to have a maid..."

4:13 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Ok, I wasn't going to say it here originally, but since you've brought it up... I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who is convinced on that Cornelia et Flavia relationship. I mean, that girl was NOT overwhelmed with joy in the first sentence in which she said she was overwhelmed and speechless or whatnot over that marriage.

I might have, maybe, at some point written Ecce Romani fanfic on this, err, subject.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fanfic?

4:40 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Yeahhh... fiction involving the characters of Ecce Romani.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Chris Weimer said...

Fanfic!? De amore Flaviae Corneliaeque? Mehercule! You have such a dirty mind! ;-P

5:39 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

LOL It was a pretty clean fanfic. They just read Sappho to each other and wanted to get married. ;-)

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home