Thursday, February 15, 2007

I'm (sort of) back.

Many many thanks to those of you who wished me well and such. I'm now well enough to see people again, which is nice. However, I have things to do and papers to write, so I'm going to forego the Rome review tonight.

I am, however, going to make two quick responses to recent google searches that have landed people on this blog.

To the person who searched for "kalevala fanfic": I love you. Please e-mail me! I want Kalevala fanfic too! Well, good Kalevala fanfic, but I should hope anyone who took the time to write such fanfic would have enough care with it so that it wouldn't be horrible, at least.

To the person who searched for "jason from medea misses the aristotelian mean": Jason misses the entire BOAT. In fact, he misses the entire boat so much that a plank falls on him and kills him. I wish I could say things like this in essays, but that's why I have a blog.

Lastly, I have a brand new favourite piece of art: The "gorgon" head at Bath. It is, of course, not a gorgon head, because it's not a woman. But it's an excitingly odd mix of a gorgon and the Celtic influences and reminds me a lot of the "Green Man."

Ok, so it's not quite the Pan & Goat statue, but still--I love it. So there.

And you may attribute the oddness of this post to residual delirium from my illness.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are back; you seem in good "writing mood" too...!
All the best
Atheneion

8:02 AM  
Blogger Choppa said...

Stitch this together and see what you get!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com
/110/316485525_2d1ba9c205_m.jpg

1:59 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Thanks! Though it looks like I had spoken too soon. :-P

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home