Saturday, June 18, 2005

Still under construction, I suppose.

Thanks also to N.S. Gill at Ancient Classical History for linking here!

Not that anyone should expect my progress to happen on a daily basis, but I'm afraid the only step I've taken towards grad school today was to buy a GRE book. It was the Princeton Review book, in case anyone cares. However, I'm fairly certainly no one visits this blog to read about which GRE book I bought.

However, I've been pondering in which direction I should take this blog. I want it to be an account of getting to and maybe even through a grad program in Classics, and that will require some personal experience in order to be of any use to anyone. However, I'm also quite aware that too many personal details are weighty and boring. So I'm asking you all, dear readers, for a little input:

1) Why did you decide to visit this blog?
a. You know me, and I made you click!
b. You saw a link on another website and thought it looked interesting.
c. You saw a link on another website and like clicking on links.
d. A friend (not me) told you about it.
e. Plato told you to.
f. other -- please specify

2) What would you like to see from this blog?
a. Only posts strictly relevant to grad programs in Classics.
b. Postings every other day (or maybe once or twice a week) including only information relevant to grad programs in Classics and "major" developments in my personal studies with Classics.
c. Daily postings (or almost daily) related to my Classical studies, which are usually not as mundane as "I bought a GRE book," but I suppose they can be after a day of work. Maybe I'll take weekends off, because that's when I work.
d. other -- please specify

3) Do you plan on visiting this blog again?

4) Anything else you'd like to suggest.

In other news, perusing a copy of Who Killed Homer? at work today taught me a little about academic in-fighting. Although I find it somewhat disturbing, I've still not been scared away from academia. I'm really not certain if that can be considered a good sign.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is true. Which Muse would you say fits the bill for ranting? ;) I think that, once you pick a Muse, you should invoke her before each rant!

Ah, but they'll never ever know who you are! That's the best of it. Or, they might be impressed with how you aren't afraid to question their opinions.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

LOL I'm not doing the best job ever of disguising myself here. ::smirk::

But yes, I'll think on the Muse of Ranting. ;-)

12:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Between you and philosophercat, my potential visitors are going to think I'm supposed to be some kind of genius! o_O

Thanks for the vote of confidence, though. At the very least, this should be an interesting exercise!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes Baby socrates happy.

~Featherwolf

10:06 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

I'm glad baby Socrates is happy! Wouldn't want to displease him!

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's free PR!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 a
2 c
3 yes

Teach me something! I love just going to a page with an interesting and funny and relatable story and walk away from it with a new interesting/funny fact or theory added to my knowledge. Can be anything you like!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Glaukôpis said...

Hrmm... I shall think on that! Not really sure what you already know, but we'll find something... ;-)

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home